Friday, February 12, 2010

Project 2 FPC, Chop, and Transpose

I started this project by choosing a Hip-hop beat from the FPC list as my first pattern. I also added in a low sounding bass called the BooBass. In addition to that, I added the FL Slayer tool and adjusted it to the note I wanted. With those three together, I used the chop tool on the Slayer to give it more of a metal sound which I like and added a snare and a hat on 2 and 4. On my second and third patterns I also used a hip-hop beat, having them all be different and also included the BooBass with different variations and adjusted them to the slayer pitch. I transposed my first pattern to be the same as my second and third, but changed the pitches on both of them. When I was done with those patterns, I added four more to create a slower ending. This time I used a pop beat from the FPC menu and still stuck with the BooBass. I also used the FL Slayer, but I used a different chop setting to create a slower, less busy sound. With the last four patterns I transposed them to a continuous lower sounding pitch as the loop ends. I enjoy hip-hip beats and heavy guitar so I decided to mix the two together because they are so different and in the end I feel that they come together well, same with the pop beat. I hope you enjoy my work.





1 comment:

  1. I really like the ending section. It has great contrast to the first section. The metal guitar sound is supported very nicely by the simple bass and drums. Good writing.

    ReplyDelete